Ask anyone who is big into high fashion, and they will tell you that trying to get your hands on some newly minted Louis Vuitton shoes is difficult. It’s not unheard-of to see lines outside a Louis Vuitton store once word gets out about a new release that’s slated to sell out. Restocking, though, can be hard to determine. When does Louis Vuitton restock, and do they even restock?
Louis Vuitton never actually says when they restock their merchandise, but rumors abound about it. Most people believe they restock at random. The most commonly mentioned times they restock is from 8 PM to 1 AM, some time between Monday through Friday. They restock weekly.
That elusive purse or belt you wanted can be hard to find, especially if the LV store near you is really popular. Let’s talk about how you can figure out whether or not your bag will be back in stock.
- What Is Louis Vuitton’s Restocking Policy?
- What Do We Know About Louis Vuitton’s Restocking Schedule?
- How To Get The Louis Vuitton Gear You Want
- Is Louis Vuitton Hard To Come By?
- Related Guides
- Louis Vuitton vs. Louboutin (Pricing, Quality & Value)
- Chanel vs. Louis Vuitton (Key Differences & Pricing)
- Gucci vs. Louis Vuitton (Key Differences & Value)
What Is Louis Vuitton’s Restocking Policy?
Out of all the brands that have their own stores, Louis Vuitton has the most elusive policy of all. No one knows what their policy is, nor do they know how to get the full scoop on when a purse will be restocked. It seems to be a matter of knowing someone who actually works there, and even then, it’s not always guaranteed.
Why Does Louis Vuitton Tell Anyone When They Restock?
Louis Vuitton makes a point of making their brand a little hard to access, especially through official means. This is part of what makes the brand so exclusive, but there is reason to believe that there may be something else that guided their decision. This is doubly true during the past 20-ish years.
The fashion world has started to fall victim to bot shoppers who corner the market and flip goods. This is quite similar to the way that PS5’s were bought out by an army of bots within minutes of the release going live. To prevent bots from destroying peoples’ chances of wiping out the Vuitton market, it would make sense to keep mum on releases.
Do Louis Vuitton Store Employees Know What Will Be Restocked?
This depends on the item. A lot of the “mainstream” items that are cornerstone Louis Vuitton designs will be stocked in every store, especially if they are in high demand. However, this doesn’t mean that all of the items sold by LV will actually get restocked on a regular basis—or even at all.
What this means for buyers can change. First off, if what you are trying to get is fairly common, then checking multiple times over the week should be enough to get it for you. If it’s really a bother, then you can usually order it online. If it’s a matter of a very rare item, there is a chance that your local store might not have it.
The best way to handle this is not to badger the customer service rep and try to squeeze information they don’t have out of them. Rather, it’s best to ask them if they can find a store that has it in stock and ask them to deliver it to you.
What Do We Know About Louis Vuitton’s Restocking Schedule?
Since nothing has ever been made official about the Vuitton restocking schedule, a lot of what’s available on the net is mostly due to rumor or observations made by shoppers. Here’s what we were able to dig up on the subject:
- The current rumor is that Louis Vuitton’s website gets restocked Monday through Friday at 8:15 PM EST. This seems to be pretty set-in-stone, but we always could be wrong.
- In the US, store restocks tend to happen after hours. No one knows when. It’s worth noting that many people don’t believe that the brand restocks daily, and that some believe that a day is chosen at random during the week. What is apparent, though, is that the store restocks during after hours so that the store never looks threadbare.
- In the UK, restocks seem to happen Wednesday through Friday. Much like the schedule in the United States, the company remains mum on when it exactly happens. The rumor here is that they restock right before the stores open.
- Each shipment of restocked items is somewhat randomized. You are not going to be able to go into every store and find the same shipment of bags and shoes. Due to the rarity of certain bags, you won’t be able to guarantee that they will show up at every store.
- Bags that are in demand get priority in the restocking shipment. The company might make it tough to get bags, but they don’t go out of their way to make it impossible. They still tend to prioritize top sellers like the Neverfull.
How To Get The Louis Vuitton Gear You Want
Due to the restocking issue, Louis Vuitton fans have to go out of their way to get the gear that they want to have. We’re going to go through the most common questions that people have.
What Does “Call For Availability” Mean?
An item that has “Call for Availability” by its description is generally going to be extremely high demand or extremely limited release. Either way, the LV online store won’t have it in stock. What you can do, though, is ask a customer service rep for help locating the product.
The customer service rep will be able to use their computer to track down a store that has it in stock—if there even is any store that still has the item anymore. If they are able to track one down, they can then arrange to have it shipped to your door.
How Can You Find Details On Rare Purses?
Honestly, you are not going to be able to get too much info from Louis Vuitton themselves. Many people, though, are able to find out what’s going on in different forums. Reddit’s r/Purseforum tends to have good advice, as do many other major fashion forums.
In many cases, it’s mostly about Facebook groups and who you know. With all that said, the information you get online is very “luck of the draw.”
How Do You Maximize Your Chances At Getting A Vuitton Purse Online?
So, it’s worth noting that Louis Vuitton purses are pretty hot-button items. That means that you are going to have to work a little harder to get extremely high-demand items. These tips below can help:
- Create a profile on the Louis Vuitton site, along with a wishlist and a saved payment method. This way, you can get to the checkout line faster than others who may have been waiting casually for hot items.
- Check frequently. The more you check, the more likely that you are to be able to get the purse online. On a similar note, you should use “Call for Availability” whenever possible.
- If you want to get a sold out purse or accessory, the best option is to make sure that you choose a reputable source. There are way too many sites out there that sell faux purses from this brand, especially when you take major sites like eBay into account. If you want to go for a seller, try a site like TheRealReal instead. They actually authenticate their bags.
- Extremely rare purses may require the help of a professional bag sourcer. This is also true for shoes, too. Professional sourcers are people who have extensive Rolodexes of people who have access to rare purses. In many cases, it may be best to hunt around online for this type of shopper.
Is Louis Vuitton Hard To Come By?
Between the difficulty finding stores and the fact that it’s a pricey and elusive brand, it’s easy to see why some folks might struggle with being able to find Louis Vuitton. It’s made even harder by the fact that there are a shocking number of dupes flooding the market.
The truth is that finding that one perfect pair of LV shoes, or the right Vuitton bag is part of the fun. So go ahead, and shop till you drop. It’s time you treat yourself.
Our Team of 10 includes jewelry experts, antique Buyers & Sellers, baseball card collectors, and other appraisal experts.